For the third year in a row, Adventist Health System has earned a spot on Becker’s list of “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.” If you’re familiar with Becker’s Hospital Review, then you know this recognition is given annually to healthcare organizations that promote workplace diversity, employee engagement, and professional growth. But you may wonder exactly what we do in these three areas at AHS that sets us apart from so many other companies.
We Actively Promote Diversity
At Adventist Health System, we strive to be an industry innovator in providing equal opportunities to those from all walks of life. We believe that diversity is key to being successful, and we celebrate the unique talents and perspectives our team members bring. That's why we're intentional about recruiting top talent from around the world.
Trans-cultural Assimilation Program
Our Trans-cultural Assimilation Program is designed to help international nurses transition smoothly into the U.S. healthcare system. As part of this program, we offer extensive training, first month housing, and help setting up bank accounts, cell phone services, etc. Visit our international recruitment page to learn more.
We Engage Team Members in Meaningful Ways
An engaged team is a happy team. Therefore, we provide many opportunities for our team members to get involved with the community, their workplace, and those they interact with every day. From volunteering to social gatherings, we strive to create a workplace that team members love being a part of.
- Community Service - Each year we invest $1.4 billion in community benefit. We also encourage team members to spend time on-the-clock participating in medical mission trips, park cleans up, school tutoring, and other volunteer activities.
- Sports & Social Clubs - Some of our campuses, like Florida Hospital, have coed recreational leagues where employees can enjoy a mix of sports and social activity. Other locations, like our Mardian J. Blair Administrative Center have everything from knitting to motorcycle clubs.
- Spiritual Ambassadors - Spiritual Ambassadors are individuals in our organization who have responded to the calling to extend the healing ministry of Christ by being an instrument of love and grace in the workplace. They go out of their way to be present for others and provide inspiration and encouragement through acts of kindness every day.
- Wellness Program - To encourage living a healthy lifestyle, Adventist Health System has an Employee Wellness program in partnership with WebMD. Employees can earn up to $500 for completing wellness challenges.
We Encourage Professional Development
We understand career development is a vital place of any successful occupation. That is why we have created a variety of avenues for learning that our team members can take advantage of.
- Adventist Learning Network - ALN is a learning management system that is available for AHS employees. All employees have access to this internal resource that can will be used to sign up for professional development courses, track progress and sign up for system initiatives. This online education experience is a cloud-based learning management system.
- Nurse Residency Program - Nurses who are just graduating from college can benefit from this one-year program that provides additional mentoring and training as they transition into a specialty unit.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Qualified team members can receive up to $21,000 in tuition reimbursement for bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Leadership Institute - Our new Leadership Institute that will be used to identify, develop and nurture executive leaders for AHS. A curriculum has been built in partnership with the Advisory Board and Harvard Business Publishing to develop leaders and help them in their personal growth.
- Talent Care - TalentCare is an exciting initiative that transforms how Adventist Health System develops and grows each team members. TalentCare enables AHS to drive consistent and meaningful conversations with the managers, empowers employees to take control of their growth, and equips team members with tools to realize their God-given potential.
Find Your Place on Our Team
If this sounds like the kind of organization you would enjoy working at, apply for one of our job openings by clicking on the button below!